Thursday, February 5, 2009
Scotty Update
I got to talk to Scott on Tuesday. He is doing great but, of course, missing home. He is staying very busy and is now a part of the base Honor Guard there. He loves the chaplains he works with and is making the very most of his deployment. I'm sure he will tell you all about his funny and exciting stories when he comes home. However, I have to share just one. His base put on a big party for all the military members to watch the Super Bowl. It sounds like everyone had a great time and it allowed them all some down time and to connect with home in a way. Scott had a blast. During the party, a few games were arranged. One of the games was an Endzone-Touchdown Dance Contest. Of course, Scott had to enter it. One other guy decided to compete against Scott...probably thinking Scott was just some goofy white boy. Scott went first...he did his dance and ended in the splits. The crowd went crazy for him. His competitor just shook his head and turned and walk away. So, Scott won. I'm so proud. He definately finds ways to excite people and lift morale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment